Friday, March 22, 2019

Titanic :: essays research papers fc

titanic I have always been intrigued by the Titanic, but my interest boomed with the recent development in how the status of the commit was damaged. I was amazed that instead of causing a gaping wound, as was previously believed, the iceberg that Titanic hit merely caused a serial of half- coat rips in the side of the ship. Sonar was used to determine that the side of the ship had six small slits that were no bigger than a hit hand (http//www.titanic.cc/sonar.htm). This research amazed me because of the amount of water that passed through the small slits in the hull. I was always interested in ships, but the conundrum that surrounded the Titanic sinking caused me to choose it for my senior project. At our send-off meeting (May 29, 1997), Mrs. Ferguson mentioned that I should try to incorporate my creative writing abilities into the project. Together, we came up with writing fictional diary entries for real passengers. My intent was to bring the good deal of the doomed liner to life through their thoughts throughout the trip. I chose which passengers diaries I would write and then heavily researched each of these individuals. The craze from the movie Titanic made getting information difficult but I was equal to gather the facts I needed from the Internet as well as books and documents from the library. After researching the people, I adapted their personas and attempted to write a finis facsimile to what I believe their diaries would have resembled. RMS Titanic was the last direful dream of the Gilded Age. It was designed to be the greatest achievement of an duration of prosperity, confidence, and propriety. The doddery presumptions about class, morals, and gender-roles were about to be shattered. If the concept of Titanic was the flood of the age, then perhaps its sinking was the curtain that marked the end of the old drama and the start of a new one. The intensely competitive transatlantic steamship business had seen recent major advances in shi p design, size of it and speed. White Star Line, one of the leaders, was determined to focus on size and elegance rather than pure speed. In 1907, White Star Lines managing director, J. Bruce Ismay, and professional James Pirrie, a partner in Harland & Wolff, conceived of a vision of triad magnificent steam ships which would set a new standard for comfort, elegance, and safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment